sca-1

mmazan01
Hi - I am trying to detect Ly6 A/E (sca-1) from mouse lung on western blot.  I am using a monoclonal rat anti-mouse from ebiosciences.  I have very clean bands, no background, but at 75 kd instead of the expected 18 kd.  Can anyone shed light on this? Melissa

Re: sca-1

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
Am 16.03.2009, 17:37 Uhr, schrieb mmazan01 <[hidden email]>:

> Hi - I am trying to detect Ly6 A/E (sca-1) from mouse lung on western
> blot.
> I am using a monoclonal rat anti-mouse from ebiosciences.  I have very
> clean
> bands, no background, but at 75 kd instead of the expected 18 kd.  Can
> anyone shed light on this? Melissa

Sounds like you are looking at a tetramer. 18 kDa x 4 = 72 kDa, the
difference is within the expected error margin. Did you heat the sample
with DTT and SDS? What does the manufacturer of the antibody and the
literature say about what you should find?