postdoc wanted- plants+light

Folta, Kevin M.
*** Postdoctoral Opportunity ****

Photomorphogenesis as Applied to High-Value Horticultural Crops

We have support for an innovative project that requires the talents of a postdoctoral researcher.

We are examining how light can control high-value characteristics of various horticultural crops.  Experiments are fast and the results are meaningful to industry. The experiments exploit our unique LED system, providing a niche for rapid publication.  All experiments are well underway, so you will be integrating with an established program, not starting from the beginning.

A candidate MUST possess some background in photomorphogenesis or other aspect of light-mediated plant responses.  The ideal candidate will also possess skills in plant physiology and molecular biology. Background in metabolomics or genomics a plus.  Experience with HPLC or GC/MS is also a plus.

The appointment is for one year starting asap and may be extended based on results.

Please send a CV and cover letter asap.  I will start interviewing immediately by skype as qualified applications are received.

Thanks,

Kevin Folta

[hidden email]

Kevin M. Folta Ph.D., Associate Professor, Horticultural Sciences Department
Graduate Advisor, Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology
1301 Fifield Hall, Gainesville, FL 32611

352-273-4812 (office)           352-272-4813 (laboratory)
www.arabidopsisthaliana.com<http://www.arabidopsisthaliana.com/>         www.kevinfolta.com<http://www.kevinfolta.com/>

Don't tell me that it can't be done. Tell me how you are going to help me do it.