plant proteomics

elham rastegari
Dear all,

My project is protein extraction and identification of Curculigo latifolia
fruit(somehow protein profiling). i already extracted all the proteins
through TCA-aceton methanol washes phenol precipitation. and i plan to do
two dimensional gel electrophoresis to get spots and then send the spots to
Ms/MS to sequence, but it would be very expensive to apply for all spots.So
would you tell me if you were me, which kind of spots you would choose?
please help me narrow my identification.

 cheers Eli

Re: plant proteomics

darked
On Aug 26, 6:44 pm, elham rastegari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> My project is protein extraction and identification of Curculigo latifolia
> fruit(somehow protein profiling). i already extracted all the proteins
> through TCA-aceton methanol washes phenol precipitation. and i plan to do
> two dimensional gel electrophoresis to get spots and then send the spots to
> Ms/MS to sequence, but it would be very expensive to apply for all spots.So
> would you tell me if you were me, which kind of spots you would choose?
> please help me narrow my identification.
>
>  cheers Eli

Hi,

there are just few proteins or cDNA sequences for  Curculigo
latifolia / C. capitulata  and Hypoxidaceae in general. So you will be
going for de novo protein sequencing. This will make sense if you want
to spot a difference, say between ripe / non-ripe fruit .
As a method for characterising proteome, de novo protein sequencing is
to costly/to low throughput.
IMHO it is way easier to go for EST sequencing first, as a stepping
stone for proteome characterisation.

Best,

darked