(no subject)

Vahid Chamanara
Dear *Dr Engelbert Buxbaum*

excuse me for my little english language...

i am  MS.c student of fish processing from agricultural sciences and natural
resources university of Gorgan- Iran. i am working toward my  MS.c degree.my
thesis is about cryoprotectants in fish fillet by actomyosin of
frozen-stored farmed fish by some sugars and polyols.
i want the true and simple methode to determaine and assay of ATPase
activity for fish fillet.

i will appreciate you for your help

best regards

--
For Fine Fresh Fishes For You!

Re: (no subject)

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
Am 09.11.2008, 04:26 Uhr, schrieb Vahid Chamanara
<[hidden email]>:

> i want the true and simple methode to determaine and assay of ATPase
> activity for fish fillet.

The most sensitive determination was originally proposed by Neufeld & Levy
(1969) and uses gamma-33P (or 32P) labelled ATP. The radioactive phosphate
produced is, in the presence of carrier phosphate, converted into
phosphomolybdic acid and extracted into organic solvent. A modern (small
volume, non-toxic solvents) version of this assay I have described in Eur.
J. Biochem. 265 (1999) 54-63. With that assay you can detect fmol of
released phosphate in a few ul of sample.

If you can not work with radioactivity or if you can afford some loss of
sensitivity in exchange for much lower costs, you can use a colorimetric
assay. The phosphate released is converted to phosphomolybdic acid, which
is reduced to molybdenum blue (Fiske & Subbarov 1925). To increase the
sensitivity further you can bind dyes to the molybdenum blue (Ekman &
J├Ąger: Anal. Biochem. 214 (1993) 138; Kagami & Kamya: Meth Cell Biol 47
(1995) 147).

A continuous fluorescent assay for phosphate was described by Brune et al
in Biochemistry 33 (1994) 8262, but I have never used it.