What AceDB "Error status = 139" means?

Jing Yu
Hello,

I got error message "Error status = 139" while loading data into
acedb.  Does anyone know what that means?

- The error message never appears when I load each data independently into
an empty database, but will appear when load them together or added
more data into a database that with large part of data existing.

- I've tried ace_4.9f, ace_4.9p, etc.;
- The systems so far I've tried are:
   1. SunOS baumwolle 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4
   2. SunOS algodon 5.8 Generic_108528-21 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
   3. Linux ceres 2.2.16-22smp

And they all gave me the same error message.  And my dataset is not very
large yet, much smaller than that of graingenes (8 block*.wrm files of
mine compare to 69 block*.wrm files of graingenes, with the same size of
each block*.wrm in /database).

Can anyone help me on this?  Thank you very much.

Jing

Re: What AceDB "Error status = 139" means?

Jing Yu
>  have you tried

Yes.  The error message was given from tace.  :(

Jing

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> hello
>
> this is a long shot, but just in case it's gtk-related: have you tried
>
> good luck
> nicolas
>
> Jing Yu wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I got error message "Error status = 139" while loading data into
> > acedb.  Does anyone know what that means?
> >
> > - The error message never appears when I load each data independently into
> > an empty database, but will appear when load them together or added
> > more data into a database that with large part of data existing.
> >
> > - I've tried ace_4.9f, ace_4.9p, etc.;
> > - The systems so far I've tried are:
> >    1. SunOS baumwolle 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4
> >    2. SunOS algodon 5.8 Generic_108528-21 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
> >    3. Linux ceres 2.2.16-22smp
> >
> > And they all gave me the same error message.  And my dataset is not very
> > large yet, much smaller than that of graingenes (8 block*.wrm files of
> > mine compare to 69 block*.wrm files of graingenes, with the same size of
> > each block*.wrm in /database).
> >
> > Can anyone help me on this?  Thank you very much.
> >

> > Jing

> Problems with my digital signature? visit:
> http://igc.services.cnrs.fr/Doc/General/trust.html

Re: What AceDB "Error status = 139" means?

Jing Yu
> alright, how about stack size limits etc...?
> if you have very large objects I think this could be a problem

That sounds in the right track!  I do have very large objects and that's
where the problem starts to appear ...  I checked the ulimit on my server
(see bellow) but not sure what that means?  what is the current size that
I am having? - Could you give me a hint?  By the way, I run tace under
bash, shall I try other shell?

Thank you.

Jing

=====================
baumwolle:/usr/bin$ more ulimit
#!/bin/ksh -p
#
#ident  "@(#)alias.sh   1.2     00/02/15 SMI"
#
# Copyright (c) 1995 by Sun Microsystems, Inc.
#
cmd=`basename $0`
$cmd "$@"
=====================

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> alright, how about stack size limits etc...?
> if you have very large objects I think this could be a problem
>
> (on bash, the relevant command is ulimit; on csh it's limit)
>

> Jing Yu wrote:
> >> have you tried
> >

> > Yes.  The error message was given from tace.  :(
> >
> > Jing
> >
> > On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
> >

> >>hello
> >>
> >>this is a long shot, but just in case it's gtk-related: have you tried
> >>
> >>good luck
> >>nicolas

> Problems with my digital signature? visit:
> http://igc.services.cnrs.fr/Doc/General/trust.html

Re: What AceDB "Error status = 139" means?

Jing Yu
Nicolas,

No error appears after setting up ulimit -s unlimited, and
everything looks fine.  Thank you very much!!