The Science of Proteomics, March 2009

Heather Vincent
The Science of Proteomics, offered by the University of Leeds, is one of
a number of online courses run jointly with The University of Manchester.

Our distance courses are delivered in a Virtual Learning Environment,
which allows us to extend the classroom into the web.  Each course,
which is paced to suit those in full-time employment, runs over 16
teaching weeks.

This course is divided into 10 section as follows:-

1. Protein structure and post-translational modifications

2. An introduction to proteomics

3. An exploration of the choice of material, the handling and storage
of samples and the statistical analysis of samples

4. Sample preparation and fractionation techniques

5. A look at HPLC and MudPIT

6. A detailed look at 2-DE

7. An introduction to mass spectrometry looking at the different
methods available and how these benefit proteomics

8. Bioinformatics and data analysis

9. Data storage, interchange and retrieval

10. Introduction to Protein Interactions

You will find information on all our courses, including fees and a link
to the online application form, here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html  If you have any
questions, or need advice on the module options, please contact