Secondary Structure and Surface Accessibility predictions easily made

Secondary Structure and Surface Accessibility predictions easily made

Bent Petersen
Hi Everyone,
 I have seen that many people are interested in Secondary Structure
predictions, and
also interested in the surface of proteins.

I therefore want to bring your attention to a paper I have recently
published, which has the title: A generic method for assignment of
reliability scores applied to solvent accessibility predictions.,

which is freely available here: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6807/9/51

It describes a new method, which is implemented in our freely
available method: NetSurfP:
http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/services/NetSurfP/

Basically it predicts the secondary structure of a protein, its
surface accessibility and also the reliability of surface
accessibility prediction in form of a z-score :-)

I hope you will find it useful in your research :-)

Best Regards,

Bent Petersen, Ph.D Student, M.Sc.

Center for Biological Sequence Analysis - CBS
Department of Systems Biology,
Technical University of Denmark.
Bld. 208, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark