Recepie for precipitants

Sarwat Ahmad
I am completely new to crystallization. I want to play with lysozyme. I obtained some crystal with 15% NACL but I want to know which other precipitants I can used for this.
How to make a good receipe for the precipitants.
regards

Re: Recepie for precipitants

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
Am 05.03.2009, 06:45 Uhr, schrieb Sarwat Ahmad <[hidden email]>:

> I am completely new to crystallization. I want to play with lysozyme. I
> obtained some crystal with 15% NACL but I want to know which other
> precipitants I can used for this.
> How to make a good receipe for the precipitants.
> regards

If you find a good answer to that question they'll probably pay you a trip
to Stockholm. Until then it is trial and error, using "sparse matrices" of
precipitants that work with other proteins.