RNA LABELING

nada mohamed

Dear all,

I am a PhD student and I am studying RNA-Protein interaction. I need a protocol to label my RNA at 5'end with biotin, I found some researches using megascript kit to incorporate biotin and others using Maxiscript I am confused which one is suitable ? and is there any alternative methods, also what is the criteria that must be taken in account for RNA biotin labeling (to be sure that my RNA is not affected by biotin incorporation), I mean the size of RNA the amount of labeled nucleotides. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

PhD student @IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON.

Re: RNA LABELING

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
Am 19.05.2009, 17:06 Uhr, schrieb nada mohamed <[hidden email]>:

> I am a PhD student and I am studying RNA-Protein interaction. I need a
> protocol to label my RNA at 5'end with biotin, I found some researches
> using megascript kit to incorporate biotin and others using Maxiscript I
> am confused which one is suitable ? and is there any alternative
> methods, also what is the criteria that must be taken in account for RNA
> biotin labeling (to be sure that my RNA is not affected by biotin
> incorporation), I mean the size of RNA the amount
> of labeled nucleotides. Any help will be appreciated.

Don't use any kit until you have fully understood the method and can
perform it with standard chemicals. Then kits can save you some time.
Doing kits blindly however is a recipe for disaster.