[Protein-analysis] Protein models engraved in glass

[Protein-analysis] Protein models engraved in glass

Alex Goldsmith
Hi

With apologies to anyone who might already have seen this posting on the
CCP4BB, I thought people would be interested to hear about a new company
specifically aimed at protein scientists. Its name is Luminorum Ltd
(http://www.luminorum.com), and it specializes in engraving accurate 3D
protein models inside blocks of glass. Each model is custom-made and ideal
as an affordable memento of a research project/discovery, a (Christmas?)
gift, or a teaching tool.

The laser technology Luminorum uses is one of the very few ways to recreate
the secondary, tertiary and quaternary structure of a protein directly from
a .pdb file, in real 3D - and ligands, individual residues, nucleic acids,
het groups etc can be rendered in a variety of formats. There are sample
photos and videos on the company website - and as Managing Director, I
would of course be more than happy to answer any questions about our models
and how they're made. Please respond only to my personal email address
([hidden email]) or to [hidden email].

Thanks

Alex

--