Post doc position in plant developmental biology, Uppsala University

Post doc position in plant developmental biology, Uppsala University

Annelie Carlsbecker
A post doc position in plant developmental biology is available at Uppsala university, Sweden

A post doc position is available at the Department of Organismal Biology, Physiological Botany.
Application no later than 2012-08-27. UFV-PA 2012/1940

The sub-department Physiological Botany is located at Uppsala BioCenter and is part of the Linnean
Center for Plant Biology (www.lcpu.se). The position is for 2 years.

Starting date: As soon as possible or upon agreement.

We seek a highly motivated individual to join us in our strive to elucidate the molecular mechanisms
governing root vascular patterning and growth in Arabidopsis.

Work tasks: You will be joining our group at a very exciting time when we see many openings in
our on-going projects. In a collaborative effort we have recently identified an intricate cell-to-cell
signalling involving the movement of a microRNA between cells. We have shown that this
determines cell fate through the control of mRNA levels of class III HD-ZIP transcription factors
(Carlsbecker et al, Nature, 2010). We are now exploring the up-and downstream regulatory pathways
and you will take part in both on-going projects and initiate a genetic screen for novel pathway
components.
Qualifications: To be eligible for the position, the applicant must have a PhD degree or equivalent,
in plant molecular biology, plant physiology, developmental biology or related fields. The applicants
PhD degree must have been obtained no more than three years prior to the application date. The PhD
can be older than three years if there are special circumstances. Such special circumstances can be
periods of sick leave, parental leave etc, which are deducted from the three-year period.
Applicants must be highly motivated and have demonstrable ability to produce work of excellent
quality and international impact. Applicants must have good communication skills in English and be
able to write clearly and succinctly. The applicant must have good and proven knowledge in genetics
and molecular biology. It is desirable that the applicant has been working with Arabidopsis. Large
emphasis is put on the applicant’s personal abilities, including ability to collaborate and take own
initiatives.
Salary is according to competence.
How to apply: The application should contain your CV, publication list, PhD diploma, copy of the
PhD thesis, a short description (2-4 pages) of previous research, current research interests and other
activities of relevance for the position, along with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least
two reference persons. All application documents should be written in English.