Genotyper and Windows 2000

Miguel Angel González
Dear Lynn Petukhova,

I have just see your question about Genotyper software and Windows XP in a
web forum. Could you say me how could you run Genotyper in Windows Xp
system, please?

Thank in advance,

Miguel Angel

Dr. Miguel Angel González Pérez
Departamento de Biología
Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Campus Universitario de Tafira
35017 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Canary Islands
Spain
Phone: (+34) 928 454 543
Fax:     (+34) 928 452 922

Re: Genotyper and Windows 2000

Phillip SanMiguel
Miguel Angel González wrote:

> Dear Lynn Petukhova,
>
> I have just see your question about Genotyper software and Windows XP in a
> web forum. Could you say me how could you run Genotyper in Windows Xp
> system, please?
>

> Thank in advance,
>
> Miguel Angel

Hi Miguel,
I don't know whether Lynn Petukhova still follows this forum after her
2002 response to a post "Genotyper and Windows 2000". If no one here has
run Genotyper under XP, maybe someone on the ABRF forum will have.

Some things you might try: if you run on Vista, you can right-click and
run an application as if it were running on an earlier version of the
operating system. I doubt that will work, but might be worth a shot.
Another possibility is to install a virtual machine running an earlier
version of windows on your current machine. I have never done this, but
it might be worth a shot. Finally, Applied Biosystems does have a free
application "Peak Scanner", that might do at least part of what you
wanted to do with Genotyper.

Good Luck,

--
Phillip

Re: Re: Genotyper and Windows 2000

Martin MOKREJŠ
Hi,
  you can try KernelEx extension from http://sourceforge.net/projects/kernelex/files/ .
That is an evil thing to help you run Win2000/WinXP apps on Win98 or WinME
and I believe you can go the opposite direction. Just install the application,
right-click over the Genotyper program icon, go into Properties and select the
operating system mode under which it should be executed.
  As I said, perfect way to run newer apps (like Firefox, some antivirus software)
on Win98/Me ... You have fast computer and all apps you need.
Martin