Disappearance of GUS protein/stain

Nik-37
Hi Everybody,
has anybody ever come across any instance where GUS gene attached to promoter/DNA sequence is expressed normally in plant tissue but disappears after chemical/stress treatment in the treated/dying tissue. My question is GUS being an insoluble compound should not go away in the dying/treated tissue and stay blue even though the tissue has died.
If anybody has faced a similar situation can you please explain me why GUS is going down in dying tissue (since I have never seen it going down with other constructs in lab/else where) and if possible refer me any publication where they have seen such instances.
Thank you for replying and sharing the knowledge.
Nikhil

Nikhilesh Dhar