Can 3H thymidine labeling in lymphocytes be successfully measured after cells are fixed??

Can 3H thymidine labeling in lymphocytes be successfully measured after cells are fixed??

geoffreycole

   Is it feasible to chemical fix(e.g.with 1-2% PFA) 3H thymidine pulse
   labeled lymphocytes in serum supplemented culture medium and
   subsequently harvest them on a cell harvester?  While no doubt this
   sound methodologically unorthodox and improbable to work, there is a
   rationale.  Ideally, I would like to pulse label stimulated PBMC and
   lightly fix them to biologically inactivate any potential viral agents
   present prior their processing on a Tomtec cell harvester.  I have
   facilities available to me for performing this work under appropriate
   biological containment.  I am not seriously contemplating this as an
   assay procedure but, I was curious if anyone had ever explored this.