[Arabidopsis] bar selection in cell cultures?

[Arabidopsis] bar selection in cell cultures?

Anne Lentz
Dear all.

I have a couple of plant transformation vectors containing the bar gene as
selectable marker. I would like to transform these vectors into cell cultures
(Arabidopsis and tobacco) and I don't know which compound (phosphoinothricin
(Basta), or methionine sulfoximine) and at which concentrations that would be
suitable to use as selection in cell cultures. Any advice will be appriciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Anne Lentz

Anne Lentz, MSc.
PhD student
School of Biosciences - Cardiff University
Museum Avenue
PO Box 915
Cardiff, CF10 3TL
UK