[Arabidopsis] a database for markers between ecotypes

[Arabidopsis] a database for markers between ecotypes

Norman Warthmann
Dear all,

This is in response to the post of Xiaodong Sun (Nov 8th), who
apparently is looking for molecular markers between the ecotypes WS
and Ler.
We had the problem of marker mining between ecotypes frequently in
the past and decided to setup a database for collecting and
retrieving polymorphism data. Its brand new, not yet published and
preliminarily available at

http://www.eb.tuebingen.mpg.de/msqt/        ( do not drop the trailing "/")

The only data currently uploaded was parsed from a dataset from
Magnus Nordborg, USC; this is >1200 sequenced PCR fragments from 98
ecotypes and was downloaded from http://walnut.usc.edu/2010; most of
this data is published.

Nordborg M, Hu TT, Ishino Y, Jhaveri J, Toomajian C, et al. (2005)
The Pattern of Polymorphism in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS Biol 3(7):
e196

The usage should be clear after reading the documentation/FAQ. You
are welcome to use the tool and we hope it is useful to you. In that
case we ask you to cite the Nordborg paper and acknowledge us. Our
own publication is in preparation.

However, there is no warranty whatsoever; so please confirm the
polymorphisms yourself before spending big bucks on SNP-assays!

regards

Norman

----
Norman Warthmann
Max-Planck-Institute for Developmental Biology
Dept. Molecular Biology
http://www.smartgradstudent.de

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:25:50 CST
From: Xiaodong Sun <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Arabidopsis] Request for polymorphism markers on WS x Ler
To: [hidden email]

Dear all,

I would like to request for molecular markers for mapping on WS x Ler
background.
I am working on positional cloning. The mutants I have are based on WS
background, so most of our markers from Col x Ler background didn't
work at
all. If anyone have reliable markers for rough mapping on WS x Ler
background, would you please send me the sequences? I especially need
the
markers on Chromosome 4, but on other Chs is also helpful.

Many thanks

Sincerely,
Xiaodong Sun
Plant Biological Science Graduate Program
University of Minnesota, Twin cities